Beloit Road Baptist Church Pastor Search
The Beginning The work of God known as Beloit Road Baptist Church (or BRBC), began in December 1940 when Mr. Horace Woodward and his wife gathered children from the surrounding neighborhood together in his home on Sundays for Sunday school. Attendance increased steadily until there were over 100 children enrolled by the fall of 1941. After realizing that the Woodward home could not continue to accommodate the growing group, the vision to acquire property and build a church emerged.
After acquiring the property, the church’s building fund was established. The fund began with a meager 14 cents that was raised by the children In Sunday School. As funds continued to grow, church services were held in a tent (in Wisconsin weather!), until the dedication occurred in January 1943. In October 1949, the church voted to become affiliated with the Baptist General Conference of Illinois.
Over the next several decades BRBC focused on growth, families, building community outreach, and serving through Christ. After our beloved pastor of 24 years retired in 2017, our church entered a new chapter of revival, renewal, and refocus. This has brought feelings of hopefulness and excitement to the church body.
Beloit Road Baptist Church Today
· We equip you to know and to grow in Christ in order to serve him and others
· In 2017, we celebrated 75 years of God’s faithfulness.
· Affiliated with the Converge Worldwide.
· We are a Bible-centered church with an emphasis on our children and missions. · Our congregation is mostly middle class and has a wide scale of education levels and incomes.
· Family-friendly church with many activities for all age groups.
· Being a smaller church body, our church requires and has a core of Christ-minded volunteers.
· Most attendees are actively involved in some area of ministry within the church with a growing emphasis and interest in reaching out into the community.
· Total membership of 47 members with an average attendance of 70-80. Our church body includes a number of
· BRBC has an amazing worship team that brings our hearts to worship on Sunday mornings. Our music is contemporary Christian music interwoven with traditional hymns.
· We are mission-minded. We support short-term missions, four missionaries from Converge Worldwide, and missionaries outside our conference through other organizations.
· Our facilities are being updated to bring a new look and feel to our church.
· Our church enjoys fellowship and has monthly “pot trusts”, church dinners.
Church ministries include:
· Awana – Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed reaches kids, from K-3 through 6th grade
· Women’s Study – Disciplining women through Bible Study, retreats, and special events throughout the year.
· God’s Pilgrims – Serving senior saints for fellowship 55 and older
· Youth Group – Developing a solid Christian foundation for junior and senior high youth.
· Softball – Outreach ministry to both church and community families
· Sunday School – Offering both adult and children classes
· Prayer Meetings – Combination of Bible study, prayer time, and fellowship
Out of the Building and into the Community
Beloit Road Baptist Church is located in West Allis, Wisconsin a suburb of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and is a part of the metropolitan area. West Allis is a lively community that offers a blend of family-owned restaurants and businesses as well as major retail options. Like BRBC, the city of West Allis is in a stage of growth and redevelopment. Some of the changes include new construction housing, new retail space (like Hobby Lobby), and employment opportunities. The city offers great outdoor activities such as a local farmers market, city and county wide bike trails, and public pools connected with the Milwaukee County Park system. The City of West Allis offers a few major attractions like The Petit Center, an Olympic sized ice skating rink. Another major attraction is The State Fair Park and Convention Center. Not only does the State Fair Park host the 10 day annual State Fair, it also holds other unique events year round.
The West Allis-West Milwaukee School District is a 4K-12th-grade public school district. They are the second largest school district in Milwaukee County and the eleventh largest in the state of Wisconsin. WAWM Schools serve over 8,800 students in three High Schools, three Intermediate Schools, eleven Elementary Schools, and one Charter School. For West Allis or West Milwaukee residents, the school district also offers school choice and open enrollment to other community schools.
West Allis’ Surrounding Areas
West Allis is located approximately 7 miles from downtown Milwaukee and 10 miles from Lake Michigan, in Milwaukee County. West Allis is a middle class (mostly Caucasian, but changing) suburb of about 60,000 residents (2010 census). Its boundaries are made up of several suburbs and the City of Milwaukee. To the east is the Village of West Milwaukee and the city of Milwaukee (where Miller Park and Harley Davidson Museum, are located). To the south is the township of Greenfield (which is an area of up and coming housing and retail development). To the west are New Berlin and Elm Grove (highlights are suburban living) and to the north, Wauwatosa (where the Milwaukee County Zoo is located). The City of West Allis is located approximately 90 minutes north of Chicago. Members of BRBC come from West Allis and all areas mentioned above.
For more information about what Wisconsin has to offer for arts and culture, outdoor adventure, family fun, please visit Travel Wisconsin.